Monday, May 1, 2017

Country Castles

emily and fin tuscan landscape print

Happy May Day! When I was little, my mom would make little May baskets filled with flowers to leave on neighbors' steps. (I seem to recall they had a handle for hanging on doorknobs, but I might not be remembering this correctly.) It's a tradition that isn't really done much anymore, but I think it's kind of a lovely sentiment... even though I really don't make friends with my neighbors (oops). While spring technically started a while ago, it's only now starting to feel that way here. I'm determined to soak it up while it lasts!

boater hat
apple blossoms rochester ny
emily and fin dress

This dress from Emily and Fin is a quintessential spring staple. The print is so pretty, and I instantly felt more cheerful when I put it on. I tend to wear my pieces from Emily and Fin quite a bit, as I love the quality of the cotton and the fact that they're lined and have pockets. Emily and Fin now has individual size charts for each piece, which is incredibly helpful. However, I will say that fellow well-endowed ladies might do well to choose your size based on the bust measurement (and, if in doubt, order a size up). Since the fabric really has no stretch to speak of, you may find that you'll be more comfortable with a little extra room.

emily and fin lucy dress tuscan landscape
landscape print dress

I was inspired by the landscape in this print – which is supposed to be Tuscany – to head to one of my favorite hidden spots in Rochester, the Sunken Gardens at Warner Castle. The last time I was here, I did a Cinderella-inspired shoot with my friend Rusty (you can see it here). I even saw our same little cat friend we met before! It's not quite as green there yet, but I'm sure I'll be back later on in the season to snap some more photos!

emily & fin
italian landscape print
emily and fin modcloth
Outfit Details
Lucy Dress in Painted Tuscan Landscape: c/o Emily and Fin
Boater hat: similar ||  Bracelet: old  ||  Flats: similar

emily and fin lucy dress

Have a great start to your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...